To apply, please visit jobs.celero.ca to create a profile in the Celero Career Centre and apply to the open Business Analyst III position by no later than April 28, 2017.
Reporting to the Director, Project Management, the successful candidate will demonstrate personal initiative and thought leadership to interpret and align EPM (Planview) functionality and analytics to meet stakeholders’ needs and contribute to the successful execution of Celero’s business strategies. The position is one of business expert and technology generalist and is expected to align technology solutions with business strategies.
A Day in the Life
The successful candidate will:
- Lead in the creation, utilization, and updating of project and workforce analytics/reporting to assist Celero management to achieve strategic goals.
- Identify current and forecasted demand of company resources over and underutilization based on current known project demand and pipe-line potential.
- Develop reports, dashboard, visualization, OLAP solutions.
- Gather and assess customer needs, utilizing structured processes to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technology solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes.
- Create, coordinate and execute test scripts, utilizing formal testing methodologies to verify that system and business applications meet specific requirements.
- Actively participate in implementing new Planview releases.
- Provide subject matter expert support to Celero’s Planview user community, providing training as required to new staff or as a result of new functionality.
- Document, maintain and follow departmental/operational and system related procedures and Celero related business documents and guidelines.
- Oversee and participate in Planview business administration that may include password administration, user licensing administration, scheduled report generation and distribution.
- Two or three year community college diploma in computer science, Business Analyst Certification, and 3 to 5 years of practical experience in the analysis, design and delivery of IT projects may be an acceptable substitute.
- Understanding of analytics tools, technology and solution trends.
- Experience with Power BI is a definite asset.
- Strong understanding of the system development life cycle and Project Management life cycle.
- Experience administering and working within EPM tools.
- A track record of continuous professional development, with strong focus on systems development technologies, systems analysis, and methodologies.
- Proven ability to gather and document customer needs and determine impact on business processes.
- Must demonstrate experience in developing and writing clear functional business requirements and translating those to system specifications.
- Experience coordinating activities of team members that you may have no direct authority over.
- Experience with system and quality assurance testing industry practices is required.
- Proven experience writing SQL queries.
We have high expectations of all Celero employees and strive to recruit applicants with the following characteristics:
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative in understanding the needs of others.
- Effectively adapts to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and shifting priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. Able to build professional relationships with peers and superiors and the ability to work comfortably with both business and technical professionals.
- Ability to “think outside the box”; creativity in problem solving and applying new approaches.
- Manages multiple projects with varying complexity, priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make practical and objective decisions in situations where little guidance is available.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) Commitment to working collaboratively in a team-based organization – promotes high performance work environment characterized by positive relationships, strong team orientation, and professional skill enhancement while delivering required business results.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.