Under general direction, the Senior IS Business Analyst oversees the more difficult and complex aspects of the systems development lifecycle, including project planning and management, as well as business process redesign. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for managing web and/or mobile development projects that have an Agency-wide impact, including but not limited to: budgeting, staffing, and enterprise software and products. The incumbent will be responsible for managing vendor relationships with existing IT products; conducting research on IT products and services in the current market and making recommendations from a strategic planning standpoint to improve client services; collaborating with select programs to identify business needs and business processes that will either be introduced / needed or modified for those projects. The individual will also be responsible for coordinating system implementations, managing user acceptance testing, system testing, end user training, production support, and performing other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identify opportunities for improving business processes and business process redesign through automation; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems.
2. Analyze data processing needs; research and evaluate software on multiple platforms to assist users to meet their departmental goals; assist in developing the evaluation criteria for software.
3. Determine operating characteristics and requirements; develop, modify, and document general system design; write detailed design specifications including requirements documents, functional specifications, create user stories, and test cases; conduct "walkthroughs" for proposed solutions to system problems.
4. Analyze the feasibility of and develop requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems; analyze the impact on current business processes and help redesign processes if needed; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users.
5. Install and enhance software; program, test, debug, and install new/modified programs.
6. Provide technical support for web application and mobile application systems; consult on the analysis of an application; troubleshoot system problems; assist with the implementation of solutions.
7. Conduct system analysis and programming activities for complex systems; document new and modified systems and programs; may convert new programming from test to production, coordinate and deliver training to users on system functionality when new functionality is being introduced
8. Interface with users to determine system needs and requirements; instruct users on newly implemented systems; define system requirements; may design and code programs; review impact of system modifications on existing systems.
9. Prepare, or assist client in preparing, service requests to implement system changes; determine level of effort required, and the cost of implementing service requests; prioritize requests.
10. Provide technical production support of application systems; assist with processing schedule, assist with creating reports.
11. Coordinate with and manage outside vendors and contractors to complete projects, and service requests; define, assign, and evaluate their work.
12. Create test scenarios, test cases, UAT scripts, and other testing documentation to asset with testing. Test applications to assure functionality and effectiveness in performing to desired specifications.
13. Determine security levels for systems to ensure data integrity.
14. Participate and assist with business process redesign.
15. Manage and lead projects by directing and assigning tasks to staff.
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field] AND
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management.
SUBSTITUTION: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit: [https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PBT&R2=1053&R3=101490] to register an account and to view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.
About City and County of San Francisco
The Human Services Agency (HSA) is a department of the City and County of San Francisco and the central resource for public assistance in the City. Our mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency among individuals, families and communities in San Francisco. HSA was formed in 2004 with the merger of two previously existing city departments, the Department of Human Services and the Department of Aging and Adult Services. The agency retains two commissions and two department heads. The agency also includes the Office of Early Care and Education. Our mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency among individuals, families and communities in San Francisco.
BACK TO TOP
IIBA Career Centre is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else IIBA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at IIBA Career Centre.